Sunday, January 6, 2008

A great Sabbath

We are so excited for the time change now that it is a new year because last year we were stuck with 3:00pm church!! It was not an easy time! So now we have 8:00am, which normally I would also not enjoy but after a year of 3 o'clock, 8 is a dream! We got home at 11:00, ate lunch and Sam and I took a nap while Mark and Rex built a snowman. Naptime is my favorite on Sunday!
Today was also Rex's first day in Primary! He is a Sunbeam now, wow they grow up fast. I was a little nervous because he loves nursery so much but I think I prepared him good and he did great and is still talking about his teacher, Sis. Romney. They called earlier in the week to see if he could say the opening prayer in Sharing Time. I thought they were crazy since it is his first Sunday, but I said yes (I never say no anyway!). He always whispers his prayers so we practiced with him and told him he would say it in front of all the kids in the microphone. So the time came and Sam and I sat in the back and Mark went up there with Rex. He strolled up to the mic like he had been there a million times and next thing I know he is practically yelling his prayer into the microphone! It was so funny!! At the end of every sentence it would get a little bit louder so it was like, "Thank you for the BISHOP!" He sounded so funny and I was just sitting in the back row cracking up the whole time. I was really proud of him though and am excited to see him start to learn the basics of the Gospel not only from us but at Church too. This morning it snowed so we woke up to about 3-4 inches of fresh, powdery white snow. When we were getting in the car, Rex said, "Jesus brought us snow last night". It was so adorable. This little boy is constantly melting my heart. Here's a picture of him after church. Such a big boy!

Sam is at the funnest age right now. He is constantly doing cute things. His latest is clapping, dancing and throwing a ball. (and then looking completely proud of himself!) Rex is even starting to enjoy him which is sooo nice! I captured Sammy's dancing the other day, it's hilarious. He stands next to furniture and just shakes his little booty. Another heart melter! If I ever have a girl will she be able to melt my heart like these cute boys of mine?

Rex also is really into taking pics so I had him take some of us today. These are my favorites.


10 comments:

Jessarella said...

What a cute story about Rex, I would have been cracking up too! So cute! I love the pictures of you and Mark. I can't wait for my kids to shake their bootys too!

Jessarella said...

P.S. Is that an Oscar Meyer Weiner you got whippin up for they boys dinner? YUM!

Emily Andrus said...

Cute pics, especially of you and Mark. I love your hair and your dress. As for early church, it sounds heavenly. I wouldn't know because we're 1:30 going for a 3rd year now. I guess that's what you get when you're the student ward in a building with a bunch of hollywood types!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh Rex takes better pictures than me. Your hair is so cute. Next time you're in Twin I need you to rescue mine! Love Sam dancing, So Cute!

Jessica said...

I wish I could have been there for Rex's prayer; thats a classic.

Joseph A said...

I have seen Rex on your blog before, but I didn't realize how big he's getting. He looks like an fun little guy! Y'all look great.

Michelle said...

So Joseph, who are you? I am trying to figure out if this is my cousin Joseph or who it may be, so could you please identify yourself so I am not worried that I have a crazy stalker looking at my child!!

Ashley A. said...

Yes, this is your cousin. Sorry...I just assumed you could click on my name and see my full name or something. I don't know how this technology stuff works.

Sincerely, Joseph N. Atkin Esq.

P.S. For good measure (and because I don't want to sign out of her account) I'm leaving this post under Ashley's name.
P.S.S. I haven't heard Guns N Roses far, far too long.

Ryan and Angela said...

Wow, Rex is a great little photographer. Super cute pics. By the way, I love the music. It is playing "Yesterday" right now. Flash back to high school.

Kellie said...

i just have to say you look great in these pics!