Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Stef!!


I know there is only an hour and a half left of Stefanie's birthday but I decided I needed to post a little something for her special day. Stefanie is one of the most selfless, loyal and committed friends I have ever had. She truly has been like a family member to me and we got each other through a lot when we lived in Provo together. She saw me through my first true heartbreak, dealing with horrible roomates, finding my testimony, figuring out who I am and what's important to me and all the little trials and tribulations that came with that. We can not talk to each other for months or even years (as was the case while on my mission) and still pick up right where we left off. She understands how to be there for me now that I am a wife and mother, yet also when to back off when it's something I need to work out myself. When she lived in Boise I could always count on her to watch my kids at a moment's notice or to meet us at the park when they were driving me crazy. Thank goodness she was there when Rex had his first seizure because she took such a load off me so I could concentrate on Rex and not have to worry how Sam was doing. She has taught me more about myself than any other friend I have ever had so I want to tell her a big THANK YOU and I love you on her special day! I miss you and can't wait to see you again!


And a big thanks for the pictures, she scanned them in and sent them from her collection since we don't have a scanner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! All I have to say is dito to you, I once said you were the sister I never had and I still feel that way! Thanks for making me feel special on the last birthday of my 20's. I Love You Too!

sandy said...

i love this blogging. thanks for saying hi to me. i have goose bumps and a little tear in my eye. I loved all my time with you and Stephanie. you are the best. I will definately be watching your blog for the best of you guys. You are great. I love you guys.

Froska said...

Love the old school pics. We all need to get together this summer!

Anonymous said...

That was so cute! It's pretty rare to stay so close to friends from High School. Love the picture of Rachel in the sombrero!

The Keetch Family said...

That made me cry! You guys are so cute! I miss you all tons and hopefully we can get together soon! I love the old pics where we look like we are 10....maybe I just look like I'm 10. Brought back so many good memories.