Monday, February 11, 2008

Hmmm.... not sure what to think.

I took the boys to the mall today to pick up a print at Kiddie Kandids, and I decided to do a little shopping even though I have no money. I least I could pretend I was buying things. Well we were in Macy's in the bra and panty area because I was looking for some tights. There were a couple of mannequins with bras and panties on, and they were the kind that look real, with faces and stuff, not just the body. I don't know if Rex has just never seen a mannequin like that, or what, but he was super intrigued. He walked over to this black mannequin with a pink bra and panties on and just stared at her with a big grin on his face. Then he touched her leg. It looked so funny, him touching this half naked mannequin's leg with a huge smile on his face! The sales ladies were cracking up. I was slightly creeped out so I grabbed him and hurried on. Then downstairs there was another mannequin and this time I captured a picture. His hands look like they are up her skirt, but they aren't they are just on her leg. I think he was so intrigued that these things looked like real people but weren't so he had to feel them to find out. Here's the pic.

I called Mark to tell him about it and he was pretty disturbed. I had to calm his fears that his son is already girl crazy by explaining to him that he is 3 years old and has never been exposed to anything sexual so it was totally innocent. It was just pure intrigue on his part. I am not sure I made him feel better, but oh well! It was pretty funny!
I also captured some pics of the boys playing on a firetruck. These are all camera phone pictures, so sorry about the graininess.

8 comments:

Emily Andrus said...

Too funny! Maybe it reminded him of mommy's legs :)

Jessarella said...

That is really funny. You can tell Mark that he is not gay:)

Kellie said...

So I saw the pic before reading the copy and I was like what is Michelle wearing, red tights and pink top, how fashion forward? lol. The mannequin story made it even better though. HA!

Anonymous said...

His face looks so funny, like he's trying to figure out why this person can hold so still. I agree those could be your legs.

Stephanie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. classic.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

That is so cute and funny. Sweet little Rex. Don't you love those funny teaching momments. You were brave even taking them to the mall, The last time I took all three of them to the mall, it was horrible. Looks like you're having fun with Photoshop your banner and background look super cute.

Teagan said...

HA HA HA-thats so funny! You have a couple of cute kids!!!
ps-Love the new background and header.