Friday, February 8, 2008

Thankful for great friends


I am feeling really lucky and thankful right now so I thought I should record it! My friend Paige had a lunch today at her house for one of our other friends Marinda who is moving to Pocatello next week. It was so nice to get together and enjoy each other's company while our children made a disaster of Paige's upstairs!! Marinda has served in the Young Women Presidency with me and is so talented and I have loved getting to know her! She is inspiring and hilarious all at the same time. She was telling us all thank you for being her friends and how she has never had a group of friends like this and how sad she is to leave. It really got me thinking how lucky I am to live where I live and to know each of these wonderful women. I too, have never had a group of friends like this (except for my high school friends!) in any place Mark and I have lived. I love the girl's lunches, dinners and just being able to rely on people when I need help with my kids. It truly has made me feel at home here in Boise and I would be happy spending the rest of my life here. So thank you all of you who read this and have supported me and been my friend. I know that I have learned so much from every one of you and am really blessed by these friendships.
I meant to take pictures, but I always forget! Maybe next time!
And we will miss you Marinda!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Friend are great, it sounds like you all had a great time. I wish Marinda the best of luck.

Froska said...

Friends are important. Speaking of... I totally had the funniest dream Friday night that you and I went to a concert together. In it you were wearing the cutest outfit and I was wearing a skirt that had a slit that was way too high. Random! For some reason you are in my dreams often, and we usually are having some crazy adventure together. I guess that's how I stay connected to you. Funny huh.

Shay said...

So glad to hear you have great friends that live by you. That is so important. I always loved our little year that we lived by each other. You were such a great support to me. Thanks for your friendship!

Katherine said...

I MISS ALL OF OUR LUNCHES, DINNERS, WALKS, AND TALKS! GLAD YOU ARE DOING WELL!