Friday, June 6, 2008

So I need to get this off my chest

And what better way to do that then through my journal/blog. If you don't want to hear my frustrations you don't have to read on.
One thing that I know I have a hard time with is judging other people, so maybe this is why I am going through this little trial right now. Mark and I are always saying how lucky we are to live where we do with supportive friends and neighbors. Especially since we moved here last year because we just seem to have health trial after health trial. Nothing too serious, but the stress still wears on ya. We have been blessed to have intuitive people around us who know when we need help and put the word out. We have NOT ONCE had to ask for help through any of these trials. This last one was the same. We literally had people calling and offering and bringing meals without ever saying a word to anyone. We were so incredibly thankful. We needed it more than ever because neither of us was well. Usually at least one of us can hold it together but this time we were both in bad shape. Unfortunately I felt when I talked to some people that they were wondering first of all why I was in so much pain and second of all what the big deal was. I brushed it off to my altered mind that was full of pain medication and also my obsessive worrying that happens all the time. That has been one of my fears this entire year. That we will be known as "that family". We have never been that family nor do I ever want to be that family. I don't want to deal with health problems. I am an active person who hates being cooped up in the house. And more than that I hate admitting I am weak and that I need help. Well since I have been feeling better I have also been hearing "musings" that my fears weren't unwarrented and that people have in fact wondered what the big deal is since all I have is a "cyst". This has emotionally devastated me right now. I am not a weak person and I don't want to be. So to hear that others are questioning my strength really just brings all my self doubt and fears to the forefront. I have a high threshold for pain, I have had natural childbirth for heaven sakes. I was in the worst pain I have ever been this weekend. I am not going to explain any more than that because this isn't about explaining. Whether I had really been in that much pain or not, I shouldn't be judged according to my pain level. We needed help. We didn't ask for it, but we sure as heck weren't going to say no. I am not superwoman and I can't always be 100% mom. I would hope that when someone needs me whether it be because of physical or emotional pain that I would be there no questions asked. Maybe that is a lesson I needed to learn more than anyone else. Maybe this is what Heavenly Father is trying to teach me. I definitely know it has humbled me.

8 comments:

Shay said...

Bless your heart, Michelle! It is so true...we can never judge...we don't know exactly how a person feels. I know that you are not alone with your feelings of being a supermom...we all feel the same way. I'm so glad you have such great neighbors and friends to help you along. Sounds like you were in so much pain. I'm glad to hear you are doing better! You are awesome!

Teagan said...

You should never have to explain yourself...and you really do know who your friend are when they all rally around you no questions asked.
You are superwoman to me!!

I think we might get to see you in July-YEA!!!

Jessica said...

Don't ever worry about what other people say. Often people just don't think, they aren't in the same situation and really don't understand your specific situation. I think you are wonderful and we have been keeping you in our prayers. You'r a great mom and wife and thats all you need to know!

Chanell said...

Everyone I have talked to has only been concerned about you and Mark. I hope that everything gets better soon. There are so many people around here who love you guys and worry about how you are doing.

Stephanie said...

i'd feel the same way you are...totally afraid of imposing on people-- but you are just not that type of person! I can't imagine anyone thinking you guys are wimpy or needy... they all just must love you, like the above person said. so glad things are getting back to normal for you!

JaNece said...

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's not fair for people to judge when they have NO CLUE! You guys really have experienced so many trials and for someone to think that and actually SAY it...NOT COOL! I live on believing fully in karma. What goes around comes around. Those people will have their trials and the tables will be turned and they'll realize they were being harsh!!! WE LOVE YOU! ANd Sorry to hear about your cyst! My sis-in-law just had hers removed and no doubt it's painful! You're in our thoughts!

Jillian said...

Because you are willing to write out your frustration for others to see makes you 10x's stronger in my book. I think this shows you are human and real. Everybody has struggles and it sucks to rely on others. But you have to sometimes...it sounds like you have found some really good people to rely on who cares about what the others think?

The Keetch Family said...

I strongly believe you never know what someone is going through even if you've walked in their shoes. I try so hard (am not perfect, but try) to not judge because sometimes you think a certain way and then life, and Heavenly Father, have a way of showing you that things aren't always what you think they are. YOU know what you are going through and that it is real and that is all that matters. You are a good friend so you attract good friends and who cares what anyone else has to say. Hope you're feeling better!