Thursday, October 16, 2008

Attention bargain shoppers!

Ok, so the key to smart couponing is to get the paper. I was only going to get the Sunday paper but the Idaho Statesman is having a special right now where you can get the whole week for $2 a week, the same price as getting just Sundays and holidays. I was looking through the paper yesterday and saw Albertson's ad, and they have meat on sale this week for $1.88 a lb! That is a killer deal, any meat under $2 a lb is a good deal. So I went over there today after I picked Rex up from Preschool. The chicken breasts are at the butcher block and are great quality, I got over 5 lbs. for $9.91. That is 4 meals for my family! I also got 2 pork roast for just over $3 each and two huge things of pork chops that had immediate $3 off coupons from the meat manager on them. I got all of this meat for $27!!! What a steal! I can't even come close to that price at Costco! So head over to Albertson's this week before it is too late!

4 comments:

Julia Shinkle said...

Hi! I am a friend of Kim's. I saw the great photos she took of your family (which are darling by the way) and I clicked on your blog. I had to comment about the coupon thing because just last night I watch a show on the food network that spotlighted a lady that has mastered the art of using coupons. Anyways, she hosts a website that will help you to maximize your efforts. She basically does the work for you when it comes to the store specials. It is a small fee to be a member of her site but she has a trial offer. The short of it is you enter in your zip code and she has a master print out of all of the stores in your area and their sales for the week (like albertson's)then you take the coupons you have clipped and cross reference them and go shopping. I just had to comment because I think I am going to hop on the coupon bandwagon too! Good Luck! The website is www.grocerygame.com I hope you don't mind that I commented! : )

Michelle said...

I am glad you commented Julia! I actually am doing the trial membership at the grocerygame.com I will have to see how much it helps this month. Unfortunately, in our area there is only Albertsons, Walgreens and Rite Aid that she features so I am not sure if it'll be worth it yet, I guess I will see! Thanks for the info.

lindsey said...

I am on way more of a budget than I ever have been now that we are students, I don't have a job yet, we're living in a more expensive place, etc. Going from two paychecks to no paychecks is startling.

Anyway, I LOVE doing stuff like this. And I am so excited that you are posting your finds (although there are no Albertson's here) it reminded me that my freezer is larger than my fridge and that I should really buy in bulk. It totally helps you to NOT have to run to the store every other day for one ingredient, and then spending $20 bucks on stuff you don't need.

Keep them coming! I love this stuff!

The Petersons said...

I get the paper for coupons too. Way to go on the meat bargain!! Kam