Sunday, November 18, 2007

Glimpse of the future

Rex will be 3 in a month as many of you know. This means that he will be going into Sunbeams in January. He will literally be the youngest kid in Primary. I have been worried about it, just because he is so young and because he loves Nursery so much. They have been taking the kids that are going to be Sunbeams into Primary for singing time for awhile now to get them used to being in there. Today, right before Young Women's, I walked past the Primary room and noticed that all the kids were in a big group singing. The little ones were on the floor and Rex was in the front row. They were videotaping them singing Christmas songs for the parents or something. Anyway so I peek in and Rex is turned around looking at all the kids behind him, or so I thought.... He turns a bit to the side and I notice that he isn't just looking at the kids behind him, he is making faces at the kids behind him!!! I about died! He turns around, sees me, and says "Hi Mommy!" super loud and then proceeds to make faces at me while they are videotaping. Oh boy, is this the type of thing that I am going to be called in to talk to his teachers about? I seriously had a major glimpse of the future with this one. January should be very interesting. Here are examples of Rex's "silly" faces he was making today.



Sam was really sick with a cold and fever this week but today he seemed good as new, except for some stray boogies. He was extra happy today, probably cause he is so happy to feel good! He loves pulling himself up on the furniture so I caught a picture of him doing it today. He is such a sweet baby, he literally melts my heart on a daily basis.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I hear you on the sunbeams thing, I wonder how Ethan will do too, most of all I can't believe he is old enough. We need to get the boys together for a play date. What a darling picture of Sam. Have a great Thanksgiving.

JaNece said...

It is so fun to read your blog b/c it seems like my boys are at the same stage as yours! I have NO IDEA what Lukas' poor Sunbeam teacher is going to do. He is so hyper! YIKES!! It will be interesting to find out. But Lukas can be so good, too. Just depends on who is around. I can't believe our boys are getting so old! WOW. Wish we lived close so we could play! :) You are too cute!