Saturday, November 10, 2007

Projects

Mark has been bugging me for 4 years to figure out how to use his Grandma Leonard's old sewing machine. The thing intimidated the heck out of me because it was literally made in the 60's. It's the same kind my mom learned how to sew on. Here's what it looks like.

Now I can sew very basic things, but I am definitely not a seamstress, so it freaked me out. He ordered an owner's manual copyright of 1964!!! I have quite a few sewing projects I have been wanting to do and I need to get working on Sam's stocking or else he will be the only one without a stocking on Christmas day. Anyway, I have been wanting to make something to go around Rex's toddler bed that we got for $5 at a garage sale. (I know we are totally cheap) So I finally sat down and read the manual and worked on mastering the machine. I was so pleasantly surprised! It works good and I figured it out with no problem. I was able to get Rex's bed stuff done in just a few days. I was very proud and had to take a picture. Now on to the stocking and quiet book for church. Thanks, Grandma Leonard!

Also, here's a couple of cute pics of Sam yesterday. One in Rex's sunglasses and the other is after I did his hair. He was giving me the funniest look I tried to capture it, this is pretty similar. It looked like he was thinking, "What are you doing to me mommy?" I guess he didn't like the mohawk?!

5 comments:

The Keetch Family said...

Holy seamstrist moly! Not bad for your first shot indead! I don't think I've ever seen an older machine for sure. That is hilarious!

Kim said...

Cute pictures, and great job with the sewing. I am impressed. By the way I tagged you. You need to write seven things about yourself and then tag seven other people. I didn't even have seven to tag, so do your best.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed that sewed that on a dinasour. Sam is soooo darn cute I just want to kiss those chubby cheeks! We miss you guys!!!

Kellie said...

sam is seriously rockin that mohawk - love it.

Emily Andrus said...

I'm impressed Michelle. I could never do that and I even took a sewing class at BYU. (I took my projects home to Idaho every chance I got so my mom could help me!) That is one Dinosaur of a machine from G-ma Leonard. Bravo!