Thursday, November 1, 2007

Please say it is a phase!

Sam has had a really rough time the last couple of days. He doesn't act sick so I don't know what is going on. He isn't sleeping well at night and he refuses to take naps during the day. I have spent 1-2 hours during every nap period trying to get him to sleep. I even have let him scream and it will last forever and no sleep!!!! I am going insane and just praying that he will snap out of it soon. Maybe some new teeth are coming in? I don't know, any ideas folks? Here's a pic of him when he should have been sleeping but he wasn't. Chanell and her girls were over so I could do her hair and so Kate crawled over to investigate Sam, he wasn't sure he liked it! Maybe he won't be a ladies man like his brother.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope for your sake it is a phase, but Davin is 14 months and I've been saying that about him sense he was 6 months old. I feel your pain, being up 3 to 5 times a night is not fun! I guess we all have to get one non-sleeper.

Michelle said...

It's not even so much the night that is the problem, he was only up twice. It's the nap! He's exhausted and WILL not sleep during the day unless I put him in the car and drive, then he crashes!
Rex has been my non-sleeper, yet when he was Sam's age he was terrible at night but took GREAT naps!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we just cant't win can we. All just part of motherhood I guess. Good luck if you need someone to vent to give me a call. BTW on the 19th my # will change I'll let you know.
Love Ya! Hang in there!
Stef

Emily Andrus said...

I think it's probably a phase. If you are letting him cry for a certain amount of time and he's still not sleeping, there's not much else to try. Sofia is 3 mos today and does not have a nap schedule or a bed time routine. I think some kids are just better sleepers than others. Don't tell Babywise. Good luck from one very tired mommy to another!

Michelle said...

It was a 3 day phase, hopefully... He is taking a nice, long beautiful nap right now! I think he is exhausted! He also slept 10 1/2 hours the other night so I can't complain. Of course when he sleeps good, Rex or the dog bugs me! My kids don't have a nap schedule or routine till about 6 months, I have read that is normal. I am not a fan of Babywise anyway so I won't tell them! ;) Thanks for the encouragement and they will sleep good eventually, right??? Maybe when they are teenagers!

Anonymous said...

Yes I'm sure they'll sleep better when they are teenagers but then the problem will be they sleep too much, and we will be trying to wake them up instead of putting them to sleep! Gosh us moms are hard to please.

Kim said...

Thank you so much for this post. We too are struggling with sleep it is soooo nice to know I am not the only one who feels like I'm going insane some days. I hope it's a phase for your sake too.