Monday, November 10, 2008

4:50. Seriously?!?!?!


As I am sitting here at 6:30 this morning, having been awake for almost 2 hours I am trying to come up with things I love about my children. Sam decided to wake up at 4:50 this morning and refused to go back to sleep unless I held him. The second I tried to put him down, he woke up and screamed. So in attempt to find the love I have for this child at such an ungodly hour, I am going to list the things I love lately about my kids.

Rex
-Will suddenly stop whatever he is doing throughout the day to tell me he loves me. He loves Lucky Charms and almost every morning he finds a heart marshmallow and tells me it is because he loves me.
-Is able to do many little tasks I need him to, to help me around the house and with Sam.
-Is incredibly inventive and loves to pretend. He is typically talking under his breath, making up some pretend situation. It's hilarious to listen to.
-Loves other children and finds so much joy and excitement in playing with other kids. He is almost always kind and has yet to not want to play with another child, no matter how frustrating they may make him.
-Loves letters right now and is always trying to figure out what letter things start with, which words rhyme and how to spell things.
-Is very independent and insists on walking to Primary all by himself.
-Although independent, likes me to be within in sight and often asks if I want to come sit with him when he is watching a movie.

Sam
-Has a way of melting my heart with one look. Or one saying, "I wuv you mommy!"
-talks and talks and talks and talks.
-Is usually very easy to put to bed. As long as he has a binky, he is good to go.
-Snuggles, snuggles and snuggles. When he hugs me he always wraps his little arms around my neck and pats my back as he squeezes.
-Loves his "Bubba" (Rex) so much and copies everything he does.
-Has developed quite the silly personality and likes to make people laugh.
-Can entertain himself with toys for quite a long time before he wants to be entertained.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope for your sake he takes a nice long nap! It was so good to see you and Rex cracks me up. We need to get together more often!

Dinger said...

Michelle, that totally stinks!! If it makes you feel any better I was covered in vomit and had two kids wet their beds this morning all before 7:30. Aaaahh, the joys of motherhood! Hope you find time to get a nap yourself!!

Unknown said...

Oh your list of things just makes me want to come and hug your boys too!! They are so cute! It is crazy how being a mom you can do anything, take care of them at crazy times, clean up gross messes, all of the not so fun things, if you just hear simple words like I love you, or a really good hug, it is all worth it!!!! Eli is into saying "snuggle" right now and when he says that I melt!