Sunday, November 16, 2008

Paint project

Pretty much ever since we moved in, I have wanted to start painting, but haven't felt like I had the extra time or money to do it. I have had my colors all planned out for awhile, but I don't mind the color our house is painted (it's a nice taupe color) so I haven't made it a huge priority. This weekend I decided it was time. I had a coupon to Lowe's also so that was nice! I now have a big orange wall in our great room and I LOVE it! Pete decided to document the experience.
Hi Pete, here's my cheesy grin

Having fun

Trying to teach Rex how to paint without getting on the white.... it didn't work.

Pete also decided to do a photo session for his family..


But it's ok because he took pics of my kids too!


So here is the finished product. I just need to get a mantel and something cool to hang up there, oh and some curtains, and....
I LOVE THE BURNT ORANGE!!!!


So I think I am going to extend the color into the kitchen, what do you guys think?
This was the highlight of an otherwise sucky weekend in which I was unexpectedly let go from my calling in Young Womens. I am sure going to miss those girls.

12 comments:

Kim said...

I love the wall, I soooooo want to paint I am feeling inspired (now if I can just convince Jeff that he wants to paint). We are going to miss you sooooooooooooo much in Young Womens I was so shocked you should have seen the look on my face. The girls were lucky to have you, you did an awesome job and you will be missed.

lindsey said...

I love the orange. It's awesome!

I'm sorry that you got released. That is so hard when you are getting used to and enjoying your calling!

Jessica said...

yes! it's delightful!

Jessarella said...

Love the color, it looks great with the tone of that room.

Marky Mark said...

Hey, no offense, but I took those pics of the boys.

Dinger said...

I love, love, love it!!! It looks like a different room almost! nice work.

Chanell said...

Love the color- looks great. I like to think of instead of getting let go from YW, you were snatched up for Primary- We really need you!

Kellie said...

the color looks great!

Jillian said...

I think the orange looks awesome go all the way into the kitchen! I love your new coupon blog it is great!

Andrea said...

I love your wall, it looks great. I think you will learn to love primary the same way you loved YW's. It will be fun having you.

Ryan and Angela said...

I love that color. Very nice. I painted all weekend too. It is nice to be done. And sorry about YW. You will love primary too.

Unknown said...

I love it!! It is crazy what just a little paint can do! Great job