Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight

I was invited to go to Twilight with my old mission companion Kelli, her sister in laws, who actually live in my ward, and some of their old friends from when they were all in the same ward. Jessica was so nice to invite me and has really taken me in as a friend since her and Kelli have been friends. We went downtown and went to PF Changs, which was so yummy! This is the first time I have been to the one in Boise, even though we have lived here for almost 3 years! You have to have reservations though otherwise you wait for an hour and a half so Mark and I have never planned ahead enough to do that. It was yummy, yummy, yummy. We then walked over to the theater, waited in line for a bit and saw the movie. So now for my review...
Sorry friends who loved it but I didn't. There were good parts and it was fun to see the book played out on film, but I just couldn't get past the bad music, cheesy lines (Spider monkey anyone??) and bad acting aka Jasper. No, Jasper should not look mentally challenged. No, Edward did not look like a conflicted vampire, instead her looked a little constipated. And is it bad that my favorite character was James, one of the evil vampires? He was one of the best actors of the movie and drew me in. Plus, he was super hot. Problem is, he won't be in the next one. So either they need to get a bigger budget next time, or James needs to be reincarnated. Otherwise, I am not going.
Good thing I was with fun friends that laughed with me when we weren't supposed to be laughing.

Kelli and Krissy's backside with PF Changs in the background

Alisha, Jessica and Emily. Emily made me promise to crop out her pregnant belly so in order to maintain her friendship her face is the only thing visible.

Krissy, Alisha, Kelli and I waiting in line

7 comments:

JaNece said...

Boooo! j/k. I disagree with your review, but I still love you. I saw it a 2nd time and have to say Jasper was better the second time. And I was laughing all the way through, too. Besides, I am a HUGE Jacob fan, so it's okay you didn't like Edward. hee hee. I loved it. :)

Kelli and Chad said...

I bet the second one will be way better. I heard they might get a new director.....oh I pray! They could change the whole cast actually except Charlie, and i liked Esme and Carlile. I know Bella and Edward already signed on. It was so fun though, and I am so glad you came! I will have to copy your pictures, since i was lame and forgot my camera.

Anonymous said...

i had so much fun michelle...and i'm really glad you came! i'll be letting you know about the book club soon so be thinking of a good book!

Ash and Becky said...

I totally agree! Jasper made me feel uncomfortable and some of the things they added/changed from the book were stupid like the spider monkey and them eating in the diner all the time instead of her cooking for her dad. I hope they have a bigger budget next time! Maybe they can get a better wig for Jacob too!

Krissy said...

I shouldn't have eaten that delicious pf changs.. My ace is HUGE!!!! :)

We need to get together more often and have our SEX talks!!!

Krissy said...

I made thaT comment because your picture of my backside made me face reality!!! Otherwise that was a really random comment.

Megan said...

I have to agree with your review except I still liked the movie. There were parts that were so poorly done, but all in all I found myself smiling throughout the whole movie (it probably helped that I was sitting next to a group of 20 13 year olds who LOVED Edward!) Cute pictures of you and your friends!