Saturday, November 1, 2008

Apples and Halloween

Halloween was a crazy day. I had decided to do applesauce that day (don't know what I was thinking?) and I have been sick with a nasty cold so it was a long day, but productive. Rex helped a bit with the apples by using the peeling machine, he loved it, but of course only for about 15 minutes and then he was done! I got a cute picture of it.

Mandy and VeAnn cam over later and between us and 7 bags of apples, we made and canned 28 quart size bottles of applesauce! Awesome! I am so glad there are no more apples in my house, I am tired of looking at them.
Around 6:00 we went to the Reichner family's annual Pumpkin Goolash dinner, so yummy! Thanks Chanell! The kids had a good time playing with all the kids. Here are some pics of the boys before we left and of all the kids at the party.


Mark then took the boys trick or treating while I went home to relax and open the door for all the trick or treaters. I wish I would have been able to see the kids though because apparently Rex is quite the ham. They approached this one door down the street from us that has some young single people that live there. They had music blasting while they were passing out treats. As they approached the house, Rex stopped and just started busting a move! Mark said it was hilarious, he was totally getting down to the music including a lot of booty shaking and bumping and grinding! Don't know where he learned that, but everyone around stopped what they were doing and just watched Rex while he did it for about 5 min! Man, I wish Mark had taken the video camera. That boy loves to perform and loves to dance. He is so funny. I went to bed shortly after they got home and didn't get up until 11:30 today. I am taking a sick day.

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I too learned the moldy pumpkin timing...it is kinda funny to see them all slumpy and nasty for halloween night. ;) Sounds like you had fun on halloween night!