Monday, November 3, 2008

Mark's birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARKY MARK!!! He is the big 33 today, wow he's old. I am so grateful for Mark and love him so much. His main focus is his family and providing us with everything we need spiritually and emotionally and I love him for that. The boys absolutely adore him and know that when they want to play and have fun, he's their man, mommy's boring. LOVE YOU BABE!
Yesterday, kind of last minute, I invited some people over for cake and ice cream. Unfortunately I have been sick for a week now and the last 3 days have been really feeling it, so I wasn't able to plan as well as I wanted to, but we had a good time. I made his favorite cake from scratch, German Chocolate, which tasted awesome but the frosting was a little runny. Hopefully that will work out better next time. I also make a yellow cake with chocolate frosting for those who don't like coconut. Afterward we herded the kids upstairs and the grownups got to play a little Catch Phrase. All in all a very fun evening.
Ethan and ViBeka

Jason and Avery

Family pose plus Maddie!

blowing out candles

The girls (I look hideous!) VeAnn, Mandy, Paige and I

Pete giving Todd "bedroom eyes"

Sam chowing down, he totally thought it was his birthday

Rex doing who knows what?

3 comments:

lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Mark!

Michelle--I can't believe you made German Chocolate cake from scratch. Between the canning and the sickness. A-mazing!

Dinger said...

The party was a blast!!! And yes, that German Chocolate cake was absolutely amazing!!! You are quite the cook! Thanks for the fun night!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mark!! Thanks for taking such good care of my Michelle. Was that a grey hair I saw in that picture? Ha HA just kidden!