Monday, March 9, 2009

Fishing at Cabela's

I encouraged Mark and Rex to get out of the house during Sam's nap time on Saturday for some quality father/son time. They had a great time! They went over to Cabela's their go to store when they hang out. It turned out that they had a big outside tank set up full of fish and fishing poles and it was FREE! Rex immediately caught something, much to the chagrin of those around them. Apparently the fish were pretty full after being fed all day so they weren't too interested. Rex was determined though and Mark could not pull him away until he caught a second fish which took another 30 minutes, at which time Rex was freezing! It sounds like we have a TRUE fisherman on our hands! They gutted and packaged the fish at the store and we had them for dinner Sunday night and let me tell you, they made a GREAT dinner!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I bet Rex was so excited that he caught dinner! So I was gonna ask you if you have Sam in a play group and if not if you are interested. We have a play group going with Ella Irvine and her cousin and then Krissy was in it but since she moved I am not sure about her. But I really like having Eli play with other kids and maybe there are other moms in the ward that might want to do something like that. Let me know!
And thanks for offering to watch Eli, that was really nice of you!!!

Dinger said...

Oh my goodness. . .that looks pretty good, plus it was free!!!! What a fun thing, I bet the fish tasted extra good to Rex since he caught them! So fun!