Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Do you want some metal with your bread?

I have to admit, I make a killer loaf of wheat bread. The credit goes to my Grandma Betty since it is her recipe (although I have tweaked it a bit) and I absolutely loved it as a kid and I still do. It's so yummy! Mark however is obsessed! He loves it more than candy, so it is not uncommon for me to wake up to the bread being gone. Well today it wasn't and I was so excited to cut a piece for Sammy and I. As I am cutting through it I felt something a little hard, odd but I couldn't see anything. After I cut the second piece I saw it...

It's a broken handle piece off my flour canister! How I got that in there and didn't notice is beyond me but there is was, baked perfectly in the middle of my slice of bread! I thought it was kind of hilarious. I promise if I ever bake any of you bread, I will omit the metal.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

ooo, would you send me the recipe? All the bread recipes I have tried have been a disaster!

Kim said...

Homemade bread is the yummiest. I promise if you made me a loaf even with a metal handle in it I would be more than happy to slather a bunch of butter on it and some good old raspberry jam. I can see why Mark is obsessed.