Friday, March 13, 2009

My first cake

A friend and I have been taking the Wilton cake decorating classes for the last couple of weeks and Wednesday we made our first cake. The design was what the instructor wanted us to do, although I think I am all set for gay pride day next time! ;)
Anyway, I don't think I did too bad for the first one. There is definitely room for major improvement but it's been a lot of fun. We have 2 more classes left in this series and then we start Course 2.


On another note, so I can document these things, Rex said the cutest thing today. He and Sam had WW3 this morning and after they had both hurled toys at each other, I had enough and took away the blocks they were playing with. They both proceeded to have a total meltdown for the next 10 minutes. So fun. So when Rex had finally calmed down, he told me I had hurt his feelings when I got mad at him. He says this quite often so I didn't pay much attention. Then he says, "Mom, it hurts my heart when you get mad at me!" Awwwww. What can I say to that?

7 comments:

Jillian said...

looks great! Is this the same one Sarah did?

Jessica said...

Your cakes look awesome! I am so impressed:) All my cakes turn out looking rather scary. Teach me!

lindsey said...

The cake is adorable...as is your child!

Seriously, that cake looks SOOOOO good. I love cake.

Michelle said...

Jillian, yea they are the same course Sarah took. Pretty fun!
Jessica, come visit and I will teach you... :)
Lindsey, it WAS good!

Kelli and Chad said...

I am so impressed! I didn't even know there was such a cake making course. For Kemp and Andie's b-day, I can pay you to make their cakes :)It looks great.

Katherine said...

WW3 with toys and fighting has been at my house for a year now - hope it ends eventually! Cute though. Isaac always says I hurt his feelings and that I am mean - even when I am actually very nice considering the situation - You gotta love little boys!

The Compton Family said...

J.J. says the same thing when I get mad at him. These kids are too smart.