Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas treats

This is our first Christmas living in our house and in a neighborhood. How exciting it is to be able to make our neighbors Christmas treats and to receive so many treats in return! I made a popcorn, chocolate mix tonight and made some cute paper holders to put them in. So for family night we took them to about 20 neighbors. Rex absolutely loved it! He had to ring the doorbell, hold the treat and then say "Merry Christmas" when they answered the door. I love sharing this time of year with him the older he gets. He appreciates all the traditions and gets so excited about everything. The funny thing is 4 of our neighbors had the same Family night activity plan as we did. So not only did we go share our treats, we had 4 families come to our door as well! So fun! I love our neighborhood! Here's a few of our treats.

While I was working on the treats, I heard Sam laughing and looked over and he was at the window, laughing at Boykin playing in the yard. It was so cute, I had to take a picture. He is SO mobile now, he is crawling all over the place and fast!

Of course Rex wanted a picture of him also....

Here's a funny Rex story. Today we were driving and we were right by some pine trees. Rex looks at the trees and says "Mommy, look at the sap trees." Although it took me a minute to figure out the word sap, he said it a little weird. Then he proceeds to tell me that pygmy marmosets live in sap trees and eat sap cause they love it. Do you think he watches Go Diego Go enough?!

8 comments:

Emily Andrus said...

Cute treats! Thanks for the Christmas card. I'm so happy that your kids liked sitting on Santa's lap. :) Ava and Bailey still don't dare.

Stephanie said...

wow.i wish i lived on your street!

Anonymous said...

I Love the sap story. Kids remember everything! You are so domestic. Your treats look cute. I'll be expecting you at my door tonight!lol

Kellie said...

Those treats look yummy! What did you put in the mix?

Michelle said...

Kellie,
It is popcorn and pretzels and then you melt sugar, honey and corn syrup, cook for 2 minutes. Then add peanut butter and vanilla. Then bake the mixture for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Then after it cools, add the chocolate covered peanuts. If you want the recipe with measurements, email me.

Michelle said...

Emily,
I wouldn't say my kids enjoyed sitting on Santa's lap. Did you see their faces? They were like, "who the heck is this freak". I would say they tolerated it!

Kim said...

Cute paper holders I'll have to have you teach me how to make them.

Brooke said...

yummy! Wish I was your neighbor! (Well, for more than just the candy!)
Can't believe Rex is 3!!!