Monday, December 3, 2007

Not again....

Well we spent the afternoon in the ER again. Rex has had a fever since Saturday and today he had another seizure. The good news is at least it's pretty much a sure thing that they are febrial seizures since it happened when he had a fever again, but it's still horrible to see. I had taken him in the car to go pick up a DVD from one of those Red Box's at McDonald's so he wouldn't have to get out of the car. I made sure to heat up the car beforehand so he wouldn't have any major changes of body temperature (which is what usually triggers these seizures), I guess it wasn't enough because shortly after we got the DVD's I peeked in the rearview mirror only to see him seizing. Not fun. After it was over I drove him straight to the hospital where they monitored him for a few hours. The docs didn't seem worried at all since he has had them before, which made us reassured. Of course they told us that they tend to run in families so Sam has a good chance of having them also. Hopefully he will grow out of these soon! Another one just might put me in the hospital. We are so grateful he is ok and once again are realizing how blessed we are and to not take our health or lives for granted.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh my gosh. how do you handle that?!?!? i'm glad he's okay, and that the doctors don't seem worried.

also, i LOVE the changes to your blog. the green background looks great against the snowflakes pages. also, i love the music you have on here. i think i'll just hang out on here all day.

Katherine said...

Michelle,

I am so sorry. I am glad that he seems to be ok now. We will keep you in our prayers, and hope you have a good week.

Katherine

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
I am very glad that i am not part of the story this time but most of all I'm glad that Rex is ok. give him a big hug for me! We'll say a prayer for you guys. Remember sometimes things just happen it's not always someones fault!

Love Ya!

Stef and boys

Benjamin said...

Tell Rexy Sexy that uncle Ben loves him lots. We'll pray for the little guy, but I think its you that needs the rest the most. Kids are great at recovering, parents are not. Get some rest and try not to worry about it too much, I'm sure they will pass soon.

Love you.

Emily Andrus said...

I'm so glad Rex is ok. I can't imagine how scary those must be. Give him a hug from me and the girls.

Jessarella said...

Poor guy! How scary. You will just have to spoil him rotten today and let the little guy do whatever he wants. Tell him Morgan says she loves him !

Ashley A. said...

I can't imagine how scary that would be either. I'm so glad he is recovering well. You are one tough mom! We'll keep you in our prayers, too.

Kelli and Chad said...

That really stinks Michelle, that must be the most gut wrenching thing to see happen to your child. let me know if you need anything at all. Tell Rex Kemper will keep him in his prayers.

Kellie said...

Whoa, that would be so scary to have keep happening. Rex is lucky to have you as a mom to always be watching out for him. I am glad things are okay.

Megan said...

Wow- you guys are not having a good month! I didn't know that Rex had had siezures. That is awful. Poor little guy. As a mother, that has got to be so heartwrenching to watch. Hope everything is okay and that you all get over your sicknesses soon.