Saturday, December 15, 2007

Rex's 3rd birthday!


Rex's birthday is tomorrow so today we had a big Diego party. He decided on the theme and who he wanted to invite. He has been so excited and today was finally the day. Yesterday was spent frantically getting everything ready. We had a "mess party" so the kids came in clothes that could get dirty and we did all sorts of art projects. They colored Diego pictures, painted sugar cookies and painted a plaster bug. They seemed to have a great time and got to take their projects home. I covered my floor in paint drop cloths, borrowed the nursery's table and chairs and let them be as messy as they wanted. Fun was had by all. After the mess was over we had pizza and then it was time for present opening. Rex got some great presents, and he loved it! Thanks everyone! Then they dug into the Diego cake that I spent until 1 a.m last night icing. I worked so hard on it and was so proud, it was hard to cut into it. We had a great day and Rex has some wonderful friends. Now we can think about Christmas!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rex! We Miss You!

Jessarella said...

Happy Birthday Rex! Doesn't seem like that long ago we were having his first birthday at my house. You and your creative cakes! My goodness that is detailed! My kids will get Albertsons brand with little cars stuck o it or something.

Chanell said...

Annie had so much fun! Thanks for inviting her. Now she thinks she is having a Diego party for her birthday in March. She talked about Rex's party all day. Happy Birthday Rex!

Jessica said...

That cakes awesome! I thought it was bought it looked so good. Happy Birthday Rex! We are so excited to see you.

Benjamin said...

you've come a long way since his first cake that had the big fault line through it. Though I don't endorse Diego's illegal alien status, your cake is pretty wicked awesome.

Stephanie said...

okay- you totally showed me up with your hand-decorated diego cake! what a great party!