Thursday, December 6, 2007

Twice in one week!

So we had an eventful day on Monday, and we were hoping that after that, life would slow down. Tuesday, Sam was really ornery so I thought, oh no he's getting whatever Rex has. Well he kept waking up that night and the 3rd time I went into his room he was gasping and wheezing! His breathing sounded crazy! So Mark called the hospital and they listened to him on the phone and said that we had better bring him down. So two times this week we have visited the ER! Mark took him down there at 4:00 in the morning. We didn't want to wake up Rex and take him and I also wasn't feeling good, so Mark made me stay home and try to sleep while he took Sam. He deals with the stress better anyway. Sure enough he has croup so they gave him a breathing treatment and a steroid shot and he's been doing good ever since. He is tired a lot and wants to be held all day but overall he's doing great. I took them both to the Dr. today and he said they have a parainfluenza virus, that manifests itself as croup in a baby. Rex has had a horrible hacking cough and he threw up today because of all the phlegm in his tummy. Poor guys! I barely slept last night because I have come down with the same thing and my throat and face are killing me! Mark also feels crappy, but he's hanging in there. We have definitely had our share of illnesses this year! That makes 6 ER visits this year. 3 for Mark, 2 for Rex and 1 for Sam. Hopefully I am not next. We have never been to the ER before this year, now we wish we had a season pass! Here's some pics of my sick boys, Rex sleeping and Sam smiling even though he feels like crap!

7 comments:

Shay said...

I'm so sorry to hear of all your sickness. I'm so glad Sam got a steriod shot...it helped Dax so much. I wish you a speedy recovery. Life is so hard when the mom doesn't feel well!

Jessarella said...

Oh poor little guys. I had croup all the time when I was little, I have pictures of myself when I was little sleeping in a big bubble tent with oxygen blowing in it. We used to go on the "croup loop" where we would drive around at night with the windows rolled down to get the wet air in our lungs, then we would sleep outside in the car. It really helped actually.

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry to hear your sad tales! The ER sounds so scary. I hope the kids start getting better so you can enjoy the Christmas Season. Hopefully you can find time to sleep and relax. You need an incredible relaxing massage.

Kellie said...

Oh man, that sucks. I am sorry it's been such a rough week. I cannot believe how many times you've been to the ER this past year. Hopefully you've filled your quota for awhile now. I wish you a healthy banner year next year. Get well.

Kim said...

Sorry, it sounds like you have had quite the week. It is so horrible when they are sick and it's out of your control. Hope you all get feeling better soon. Let me know if you need anything.

Brooke said...

Dang, girl!! When it rains it poors, eh?

Hope you all recover soon! Being a sick mommy is super tough.

Stephanie said...

okay, i used to think we had our UNfair share of hospital visits and illnesses...you win. I can't believe how hard you guys have been hit this year! here's to a better 2008...