Saturday, February 21, 2009

Field trip and stats

Rex's preschool had a field trip on Thursday and I volunteered to help drive. Mostly because it was at the Fire station and I knew Sam would also love this field trip. They weren't disappointed! They got to see where the firemen live, watch one slide down the pole and even sit inside the fire truck. We also got to hear the siren and see the lights. One of the firemen commented on how into it Sam was and thought maybe we had found his future career. I forgot my camera of course so I only had my cell phone, that's why the pictures aren't great.



The boys both had well checks on Friday. Rex's 4 year, a couple months late and Sam's 2 year. They did great! Rex was really nervous about going because he knew he would be getting a "poke". I promised a trip to McDonald's afterward though so he was ok with it. I love our Dr. and his nurse. She asked who wanted to go first with the shot and Rex said, "Iron man". He had brought his toy Iron man in. She went and got an alcohol swab and a needle and actually gave Iron man a shot! Rex was so excited and made it easier for him. They both cried for a minute, but over all it went well. It's so much less traumatic just getting 1 shot than 5! Rex had an eye test, which I was worried about since I am so blind, but he has great vision so far. That was a relief. They are both growing great and are healthy. Rex was even able to tell the Dr. all about elephants, where they live, what they eat and what they do with their trunks. It was cute.
The stats:
Rex
41 pounds- 90th percentile
42 1/2 inches- 95th percentile
The last 2 years have been surprising. He has always been tall, but up until he hit 3, he was always 50% or lower on weight.
Sam
28 pounds- 50th percentile
34 3/4 inches- 75th percentile

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Love the first pic with the two boys. OMG that would be so fun to hang out, nobody ever makes it out east. Would it be a temporary job he'd be doing? That would be cool, you'll have to keep me posted.