Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No compromising!

I have been feeling a bit depressed lately. I seem to get like this every January. At this point I am tired of cold weather, usually there is an inversion for a few weeks and I am done with being cooped up in the house. I realized I need to buckle down on my priorities lately, because when I get like this all I want to do is sit on the computer and be lazy. So I decided no computer except for during Sam's nap time. I also am trying to schedule out my day and make sure I spend plenty of time just playing with my kids. So far just changing my attitude and doing these things have helped a ton. So this morning I was upstairs playing with the boys. They were playing with the bowling set and when I first got it down they were fighting over it. It got pretty heated and fists started being thrown (oh the joy of boys). I got in between them and said, "You guys need to share and learn to compromise or I am putting the bowling away!" Sam looked at me amidst his crying and yelled, "I no wanna compromise!" I couldn't help but bust out laughing at my not even 2 year old who said the word compromise! Eventually they learned to compromise.





Abby just slept

6 comments:

Kim said...

glad to know I am not the only one that is feeling a bit stir crazy about now. I am sooooo ready for spring I can't stand it. this week is totally busy, but next week I think we need to schedule a play date for Rex and Ethan. I'll call you.

Chanell said...

I think post-holiday winter sucks.
Good job getting motivated- I choose to pout until spring. Cute pictures of your cute boys and cute puppy.

Dinger said...

Seriously. . .haven't I been saying for that past few months that winter stinks!!! Give 50 degrees and some sun and I'll stop complaining!!! Give yourself some credit- You are a great mom!!

The Brownings said...

Okay.....I had that same dresser! I had it all growing up until I finally took it to the DI last fall! How funny is that!

Kristen said...

Michelle, I found your blog through your facebook page. I love to blog jump. Your kids are so cute. We have a blog too if you want to check it out. It's www.mitchkristenandkids.blogspot.com

Kristen Barney (your cousin)

Andrea said...

I think this time of year just does that to everyone. Hopefully warm weather is around the corner, I think a girls night will help too. I have to rearrange my priorities often!