Friday, September 19, 2008

A connection

I am sitting here at almost midnight, glued to my computer. I frequently check up on how Stephanie Nielson, who is a Phoenix woman who was involved in a small plane crash with her husband and was burned on over 80% of her body, is doing on her sisters blog, found here.
I was reading through posts and she referenced another mother who is struggling right now. A woman in the Seattle area contracted a yucky infection while pregnant that caused all sorts of problems with names I don't understand and can not pronounce. Bottom line is because of this infection she has lost both of her lower legs, her left hand, her right ring finger and is blind. How easily life can change. I was captivated by this story that I was reading on a blog her husband started to keep the family updated. You can read it here.

I then browsed on over to Stephanie's blog, which is being updated by her sister with Stephanie's old posts. I wasn't a reader of her blog before her accident, so to me every post is new and helps me get to know this strong woman a bit better. I have always been captivated by her story, but tonight I am captivated by her spirit and strength. As many of you know I am a huge natural birthing fanatic, and had an amazing experience with Sam's delivery. Often when I tell people they think I am crazy and just don't understand why I would put myself through the experience without medication and how on earth I could have enjoyed it. Stephanie understands. As I read this post from when she had her last child, I feel a connection to a complete stranger. Someone else gets it. Someone else understands how I feel. Someone else can relate. I love it when that happens. To read her post,Click here

No comments: