Monday, September 22, 2008

A day in the life...

This morning started off bright and early with Rex in my room stating that he wanted pancakes and that his bum hurts. Good morning to me! He then proceeded to spend the next hour rubbing his bum and screaming that it hurt. Alright, after some Desitin and some homemade waffles, it was calm again. Mommy called the Dr. and at 9:20 we were off.
The Dr. said it was one of three things. Strep of the bum (yes you can get strep there), pinworms (lovely...) or eczema. The Dr. was pretty sure it was strep and they could do a test but the Desitin would probably affect the test so we might as well just treat for that. So then we were off to the drugstore to get an antibiotic, Hydrocortisone cream and a belated birthday card for my Dad. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!
After we got home, Rex got some nice cream rubbed on his bum (the things we do as moms) and decided to get in his Spiderman suit. Later, as he was attempting to sing his ABC's to me, Sam decided he needed to sing too. This made Rex quite mad and this was their conversation:
Rex- A,B,C,D,E
Sam- A,B,C,D
Rex- QUIET SAM, I am trying to sing!
Sam- A,B,C,D
Rex- Sam I want to sing my song!!!!!
Sam- A,B,C,D
Rex- Sam, it's my turn, BE QUIET!!
Of course I had to grab my camera to capture this.
Sam singing and swaying his head back and forth

Rex mad and pouting behind the couch, turning away from me as I attempt a picture

Later, a happy Spiderman

Wait, what was that, Spiderman is so fast I barely saw him!

Sam, slamming the door in my face

The hiding spot

CAUGHT!

Minutes later I hear a CRASH, and in going to investigate find this,


My beautiful entertainment center door, snapped off by a Spiderman running full force through the house. So not happy about that one, although it is my fault for not closing the door. Please RC Willey, replace it for free.
The good news:
Rex had a playdate at the Dinger's and I had an hour and a half of silence and relaxation while Sam napped. THANKS PAIGE!!
I made Mint Chocolate Brownies.
Rex didn't watch TV all day
I checked with a flashlight in the dark after Rex went to sleep and no worms in the bum to be found! YAY!
Let's see what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh man I am totally laughing, not at you, but oh sometimes there are just those days I am feeling for you, glad there wasn't any worms, hope the door can be replaced and all I have to say is Mint Brownies? The fireside really was inspiring :) Yummy Yummy !!!