Sunday, September 21, 2008

Grandma!!!!

We had a busy weekend this weekend! The fun started with a girl's night on Friday, which is always fun! Then Saturday I had a Young Women's activity. My mom also came Saturday to spend the day with us and to attend a friend's wedding. So we did lunch, shopping and playing, everything we could in 5 hours! Rex tagged along and for all his patience got a Transformers blanket that is so soft and cuddly. Actually the reason he got it is a funny story. We went into Maurices to look at their jewelry. Well why we were looking at the jewelry, Rex found a sweater that he was adament that I try on and buy. So I tried it on for kicks, even though I wasn't too fond of it. And of course, I still didn't like it on and wasn't about to pay $30 for a shirt I don't like. But Rex was insisting that I buy it! He was rubbing it against his face and arms and would not let go of the stupid thing! So to finally get him out of the store without the ugly sweater, Grandma promised to buy him a cozy blanket at Target. We found a Transformers one and he has barely stopped touching it all weekend!

Sam using a potato head hat as a substitute binky! That kids OBSESSED!

After my mom left I got together with some girlfriends and did a little "marriage" shopping, that was a blast! Then Sunday has been filled with church, meetings, and a special Young Womens fireside. It was great, the Young Womens General President, Elaine Dalton was in Boise so she spoke to all the Young Women. It was held at the church right next to the temple and it was PACKED!!! The entire chapel, gym and stage were filled as well as most of the rooms, and the foyer and halls. There weren't enough chairs so we were packed on the floor! I sat on an end table in the foyer. She was amazed and said she sees this type of turnout in places like South America, but never in the U.S. Made me really proud of Boise, and it was an EXCELLENT fireside! Now I am exhausted!! Good night!
Rex dancing in excitement while Grandma was here

Sam always imitating his older brother

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Yea! Aren't Grandma's the best!! Hope you are all doing well!

Jessica said...

I'm jealous, I want Grandma to come vist us!
Looks like a blast.