Monday, September 29, 2008

Romantic Getaway

Well, the kids cooperated, kind of (basically we just took them sick), so Mark and I were able to go to Sun Valley this weekend. It was beautiful, amazing, relaxing and oh so needed. THANKS MOM! We stayed at a cute Bed and Breakfast in Hailey called the Inn at Ellsworth Estate.
Mark in front of the Inn
Me pointing to our room on the third floor in the back
Our room, the Basque room
It was nice because it felt like we were staying in a home rather than a hotel. Saturday we just relaxed, went to a yummy dinner, drove around and did some site seeing and saw a movie at the Hailey cinemas. It was such beautiful weather, high 70's all weekend. Sunday we woke up and had an awesome 3 course meal at the B&B and made some friends with the other guests. We met a great couple from Mountain Home and ended up chatting with them for an hour and a half. It was nice to not have a schedule. Then we decided to have church on the river. (don't be mad parents!) We went fishing, something we don't typically do on Sunday but it was so beautiful and relaxing and I even read some scriptures while we were out there! I caught the first fish!!! YAY!!! But I am not competitive at all! Actually I was feeling pretty cool until Mark caught one that was bigger than my previous two put together. He was happy after that!
Posing in front of the scenery
getting ready to fish. Sexy waders, huh?!
Contemplating my fishing moves
Mark getting prepared
The first fish!!
Mark's whopper
My hot fisherman
After fishing we took a nap and then got showered and dressed and headed up to Sun Valley. Most things were closed since it was a Sunday evening, but it was nice to walk around and enjoy the scenery. Seriously this time of year up there is gorgeous and there is hardly any tourists. After eating we drove around and looked at some of the MASSIVE homes and saw a mom and baby moose walking through a neighborhood. So cool! We had a great time and I think this is a tradition we will keep every year.
Don't attack swan!
Ok, it's nice!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Glad you had fun, it's always nice to have a little one on one couple time w/o the kiddos. Sun Valley is beautiful I have only been there once, but it was gorgeous. Nice fish by the way, did you throw em back or are you going to have a nice fish fry :)?

Teagan said...

I am so jealous!!!!! Oh how I long for a get-a-way with my husband. It does look so beautiful... aaaaaahhhh... I always say to Shaun that we go to Twin in the most horrible times... I never get to enjoy what ID has to offer in the summer and fall.
you guys look so good! we miss you.

Dinger said...

As I was reading your blog you were talking about having a three course meal, but I couldn't make out the word "three" and only saw the word "course" and I was a bit freaked out for a tinsy moment until I realized you were talking about food!!!!! FUNNY!!
It looks like you had a great time. You did deserve it! See you tonight.

Marky Mark said...

I'm sorry, I have clicked on the link of the picture of Michelle's fish, but I don't see anything. Is there a fish there? I just can't tell. I can see Mark's fish, no problem, but not yours... Please help!

Kellie said...

What a fun getaway. I didn't know you were so scared of swans!

Chanell said...

Wow- looks like you guys had a blast. Mark's lucky his wife looks so good in waders- not everyone can pull that look off. :)

Bell Blog said...

Beautiful! Jason was trying to see the fish in your picture... I had to point it out a couple of times. :) Congrats. Glad you had a great getaway.

Kelli and Chad said...

You look like a real outdoorsman in that outfit! I am so happy for you guys on your romatic getaway. I am sure you had tons of fun in that room, if you know what I mean :) See ya tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

That sure is a wopper you caught, no not Mark the fish! That bed does look like it could be a lot of fun!! HA HA